So, I figure I better clear up one thing before everyone gets too excited:
Brent has already declared that our daughter (and this is before we even knew that we were having a girl....it was probably before we knew we wanted to have children yet at all [which was a really long time ago]) will not wear pink!! Now, I'm assuming that many of you out there reacted the same way as me "HA!! There's no way we can have an entire girl's wardrobe without a hint of pink...there's not enough girl's clothes in the world with no pink....our girl (like it or not) will have to have some pink in her life!" I think the compromise is that she's allowed to wear pink hunting camouflage...hehe.. Actually, he has accepted the realism of the idea, but we've also noticed that there really are quite a bit of clothes for little girls and sweet babies that have little/no pink. But, let's all be honest, the girl will wear pink, and she'll look darn cute in it!! Plus, she'll have daddy wrapped around her pinkie before she even has clothes on, and I don't think he'll ever notice... Love you babe!
9 comments:
I already sent you some pink--now what? Granted, its cute pink, not sappy pink, but pink just the same. Its a good thing you passed on the information--I've actually seen a number of really, really, cute baby girl things that were NOT pink. We actually had the same deal when Kelsey was born--everything I saw that I liked and thought was cute, but definitely not pink. We have a picture of her in my favorite shirt--a blue and silver Seattle Seahawks sweatshirt--also wearing a cowboy hat. Yeah!!
So, I'm sure this is in response to my comment about pink frilly clothes. Do you remember like 3 1/2 years ago when you came to visit me, and you guys were engaged? I remember Brent being vehemently against pink back then, but I promised you that I'd get you pink. Hahaha. It will be darling I promise.
If she's not wearing pink everyone will assume she's a boy.
We are soooooooo excited for you guys. Girls and pink are the best. Dustin loves having girls and even said to me one night he is not sure what he would do with a boy. Now this is coming from someone who has 6 brothers, lots of nephews, and coaches soccer and football.
My girls closest are full of pink and Dustin has never said a thing about it.
You guys will have so much fun.
Good luck with bedding. You are awesome for making it yourself. I wish I had that talent.
I just have to say there is something so beautiful about little girls running around in girly clothes (be they pinks, purples, reds, blues, greens, etc.). I am excited for Easter Sunday because this year we were able to get all the girls new dresses and they are going to be adorable and beautiful. Austin will look handsome in his new suit, but those girls are going to be something special.
But I also want to point out that sometimes a girl needs jeans and a t-shirt to wear while she's digging in the dirt. And pink camo, cute as it is, won't really work when she's out hunting with dad, right Brent?
And we've had the problem with people thinking our girls are boys- even when dressed completely in pink, with pink blanket, etc. I don't know how that happens, but it does. Maybe its the blue carseat? Certainly wish we had bought those types of things gender-neutral so they would work with boys and girls- my advice of the week for buying things for baby :)
Congrats Amelia! Did you know I'm having my second boy in June ... Oye. Do let your girl wear pink I think we have too many anti-feminine females in this world already. So when we weren't sure what we were having we decided that if we had a girl we were going to name her Amelia ... like it? well, no girl so ...
i love pink on little girls!!! why not, right? the last thing you want is people telling you how cute your little boy is over and over again. pink is one of the only ways to tell the baby's gender when they are little babies.
i haven't checked your blog in a while because i didn't think you had updated it. man, was i wrong!
i am so excited for you,milly!
i love the monkey crib stuff. and i love you.
Post a Comment