Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Love Halloween!

Today was a big day for our sweet little one... First of all, it was her first roll-over!! Holy cow, I couldn't believe it. I was sitting on the floor with her while I worked on a sewing project. I put her onto her tummy so she could do some push-ups, and the next time I looked up she was teetering on her side, and finally rolled onto her back. Crazy how fast these little people learn new things!
Second, and just as exciting, it was her first Halloween!!! We had a neighbor in the ward watch Tylie a few weeks ago, and one of her daughters suggested that Tylie be a skunk (because Tylie had been tooting all day long! :D). I thought it was a really cute idea, so I ran with it. I got her costume finished just barely in time for the ward Halloween carnival/trunk-or-treat this afternoon. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the night.
Keshia (as an army girl), mom (a vampire), Tylie, and dad (as a Ducks fan)

Hanging out with her dad...she's such a daddy's girl!

Oh boy. Too cute!

With Aunt Keeshie...they're becoming very good buddies.

Stretching! Everybody who knows Tylie can tell you that she just LOVES stretching!

Third, Tylie won her first cute kid competition ever!! Well, it was actually the ward costume competition. She won first place out of all the kids ages 0-6! (Pageant girl in the making??? I hope not). Here she is with her trophy:

Vegging after a very long, eventful afternoon:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

5 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

Loved the skunk outfit! I can't believe you made that! She looks adorable in it! Congrats on the win! You and Brent look great too! Lucky for Brent, his Ducks won tonight! Ya-hoo! Happy Halloween! It's so fun to see you guys as parents. I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a great end to my Halloween night!! My adorable granddaughter dressed up as a skunk--AND she won the contest. Yay!! You guys all look good. AND SHE ROLLED OVER--WHAT!!! WOW! I can't believe it. Your dad and I spent Halloween shopping, eating out, and going to a movie. Last year, when we got home at 8:30 PM, the whole town was still out trick or treating--we decided not to take any chances this year. We went to the 9:00pm show, and yes, the neighborhood was quiet when we got home. love you

Kelsey said...

I love Tylie's costume! Such an original idea, and she is adorable in it!

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest baby costume I have ever seen in my life! You should sell unusual baby costumes online or something. Justin and I went to a scary movie for Halloween called "Paranormal Activity." I had one group of trick-or-treaters and one doorbell-ditch. :) I'm glad you had a good Halloween, too.

Brady and Jess said...

She is so stinking cute! Loved the skunk costume!