Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'm so behind...always behind...

In hopes of catching up just a little bit, here is the beginning of November.

Brent and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this year. Holy cow....six years! So great! Brent always goes out of his way to make a big deal and spoil me for our anniversary. He's so wonderful about remembering it and planning for it every year. Well, this year he has been unbelievably busy with a new full-time job and his grad school, so I wanted to take the reins and do something special. I search the metroplex area for events, and was elated to find out that the local NHL team was hosting Brent's favorite team on the very night of our celebration! Our seats were not exactly rink-side, but the game was phenomenal! Most hockey-goers spend their whole lives attending hockey games, and never see one so exciting and high-scoring as this was. It was definitely fun to watch!

Dallas Stars host Colorado Avalanche
Exciting hockey....thirteen goals....overtime....score in the last few minutes of the game...great!

Final score: locals were thrilled, but we were a bit bummed that Colorado lost.

Us, enjoying our time together (with kiddos snug at home with a babysitter!)

The actual view from our seats...haha. Although, really, there were no bad seats in the place.

We had such a wonderful time together, and were thankful to have a little time off alone. Next year, 7?! My, how time flies.

No comments: