Saturday, April 3, 2010

Much Needed Inspiration

So I just got done watching the Saturday sessions of General Conference and, as always, I feel so uplifted and motivated. And, as always, the talks were wonderful and directed right at me. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like I have to have that constant reminder to stay on track, and conference does it for me every time. Having just started my family recently (at least the "children" part of it), I absolutely loved the talk about teaching our children in the home and preparing them for the trials of this crazy world. Sometimes when I think about it too much, it really terrifies me to think that I have to send my sweet little girl out into it someday. I was thankful for the reminder that, if I do everything I can in my home to teach her righteous principles and help her build a strong relationship with our Savior, that she will always know where to turn when obstacles come her way and when she's tempted to do something that will not bring her true happiness. Without that thought, I would probably shelter her and never let her go anywhere...the peace of this gospel allows us to really live...and I love it!

2 comments:

blanca said...

funny that you blogged about that talked. that was the one that i enjoyed the most on saturday as well. it is always scary to think of our kiddos entering such a crazy world, but you are right, with the gospel as our rock, we are able to bring them up in righteousness. our role as a mother is so important...thanks for the entry!

vwlaws said...

You and Brent are great parents and will do whatever you have to do to teach your babies what they need to know and do to be strong and stay safe. We enjoyed Conference as well--as much as we were able to listen to while traveling. love ya babes, Mom